- Personal Information provided by you when you request literature/information, fill out a questionnaire/survey, or participate in an online discussion. This may include your full name, username, password, email address, mailing address, time zone, telephone number, location, application information, product preferences, and other information you choose to provide us with.
- Location information, including the location information provided by a mobile or other device interacting with our site, or associated with your IP address, or other online, device identifier. Processing of this information is subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Activity information about your use of our site, such as the content you view, how often you visit our site, the duration of your visit to our website and device specifications when you visit our website.
- Environment Information provided by your browser or your interaction with our Site, such as the browser you used to access our Site, the URL of the website you visited before visiting our Site, which pages on our Site you visit, your activities on our Site, any search terms you entered, which URL you go to next, and your IP address.
- Registration Information: If you desire to have access to certain restricted sections of the Site (mySerious), you may be required to become a registered user, and to submit certain personally identifiable information to company. This may happen when you purchase product, sign up for services, or if you desire to receive marketing materials and information.
- Web Beacons. We may also use web beacon technologies to better tailor the site to provide better customer service. A web beacon is a single pixel GIF that allows a website to count users who have visited that page or access certain cookies. These web beacons may be placed on specific pages across this website. When a visitor accesses these pages, an anonymous notice of that visit is generated which may be processed by us. These web beacons work in conjunction with cookies. If you don’t want to associate your anonymous cookie information with your visits to these pages, depending on the browser used, you can set your browser to turn off cookies.
Certain services or features can use information about your location to provide services you request or personalize your experience. Location information may include data identifying nearby cell towers and Wi-Fi hotspots, as wells as Global Position System (GPS) data.
The Site utilizes Google Analytics for collection and processing of anonymous data and statistics. More information is available at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners . If you’d like to opt out of tracking, visit the Opt-out page.
Use of Your Information
Information is collected and used in various ways, including the following:
- Technical Support: When you request technical support for your E2IP products, this information is necessary to identify your products or systems, understand the configuration of the products, diagnose your questions, and provide solutions.
- Online Surveys and Opinion: When you volunteer to complete surveys or participate in opinion polls, we use this information to improve our products and services.
- Promotional Activities: When completing a form on the Site, we may ask you for information such as your name, address and e-mail address to send you promotional e-mails (provided that, if required under the applicable law, you consented to the receipt of the emails).
- Newsletters and Promotional E-mails: As a service to our customers, we may e-mail to you, newsletters, promotional information and other information, using your Personal Information collected online. These e-mails will only be sent to you if you have agreed to receive them or, insofar this is sufficient under the applicable data protection laws, if you have the right to opt out from further receiving them.
- Contact Information: If you contact us, we may keep a record of your correspondence or comments, including any information therein, but only to the extent permitted by applicable law.
Managing Your Information
You can always choose not to give E2IP information. However, certain information may be necessary for you to take advantage of Site features. If you want to add/update your information or preferences, please modify any profile you may have established. When you update your information, we may keep a copy of your earlier information for our records.
You may avoid certain “cookies” by indicating in any profile that you do not want us to remember you. Your browser may also have options to prevent acceptance of new “cookies.” There are also utilities available allowing you to visit our Site anonymously. Unfortunately, certain features and offerings available through the Site may not be available to anonymous users.
Sharing Your Information
As a customer, your information is very important to E2IP as we endeavor to offer new products and services to you. We are not in the business of selling your information to others. Personal Information we collect online may be used for responding to inquiries, processing orders, keeping you informed about your order status, for statistical purposes, for improving our website and its performance, for developing better products and services, to serve advertisements, surveys and promotions, and to notify you of products or special offers that may be of interest to you, but only to the extent permitted by applicable law.
Protection of Information
While E2IP does not guarantee that unauthorized access will never occur, we do take care in maintaining the security of your Personal Information and in preventing unauthorized access to it.
Links to Other Sites
If you use the Site, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any account and password and for restricting access to your computer, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password. The company reserves the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, remove or edit content, or cancel orders in its sole discretion.
Privacy of Children
Our Site is not directed to minor children and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 18 on the Site. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personal information from a visitor under the age of 18 on the Site, we will delete the information from our records.
Law and Jurisdiction
Except for information transmitted to or exchanged with E2IP pursuant to a Nondisclosure Agreement executed separately by the parties, any other technical information you provide to E2IP such as design suggestions, ideas, proposed improvements or data that you transmit to or post on our Site by any means (the “Submissions”) for any purpose including but not limited to contest participation, will be treated by E2IP as nonconfidential and nonproprietary. By providing the submissions, you grant E2IP a nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, sublicensable right to disseminate, display, use, modify, copy, adapt, and translate the submission for any purpose whatsoever, whether commercial or noncommercial, on a world-wide basis in any media. You represent and warrant in making the submission that you own or control all rights to the submission, and that use of your submission will not cause injury to any person or entity including E2IP. You will indemnify E2IP for all claims resulting from your submission.
If you have any questions or concerns about our treatment of your information, please contact our Privacy Officer, Mario Ménard by email: [email protected] or by mail at the following address:
750 Marcel-Laurin, Suite 375
H4M 2M4, Canada
We will make every effort to handle your request promptly.